Compatible with other major office suites, OpenOffice.org is free to download, use, and distribute. :
Writer – a word processor you can use for anything from writing a quick letter to producing an entire book.
Calc – a powerful spreadsheet with all the tools you need to calculate, analyse, and present your data in numerical reports or sizzling graphics.
Impress – the fastest, most powerful way to create effective multimedia presentations.
Draw – lets you produce everything from simple diagrams to dynamic 3D illustrations.
Base – lets you manipulate databases seamlessly. Create and modify tables, forms, queries, and reports, all from within OpenOffice.org
Math – lets you create mathematical equations with a graphic user interface or by directly typing your formulas into the equation editor.
OpenOffice.org is synonymous with quality
- the roots of OpenOffice.org go back twenty years, creating a mature and powerful product
- hundreds of thousands of users participated in the beta testing of version 2
- independent reviewers around the world have recommended the product
- with a fully open development process, OpenOffice.org has nothing to hide - the product stands or falls on its reputation
OpenOffice.org is easy to use
- the software looks and feels familiar and is instantly usable by anyone who has used a competitive product
- it’s easy to change to OpenOffice.org - the software reads all major competitors’ files
- few language barriers - if it’s not yet available in your language, the chances are it will be soon
- OpenOffice.org is supported by a global community of friendly volunteers, only too happy to provide assistance to newcomers and advanced users alike
OpenOffice.org is free software
- you may download OpenOffice.org completely free of any licence fees
- install it on as many PCs as you like
- use it for any purpose - private, educational, government and public administration, commercial...
- pass on copies free of charge to family, friends, students, employees, etc.