The Best PDF Reader, because:
light fast pdf reader and small size pdf reader and of course full feature pdf reader , Whether you're a consumer, business, government agency, or educational organization, you need to read and annotate PDF documents and fill out PDF forms. You need your PDF Reader to be:
- Fast - read PDF files without waiting.
- Lightweight - PDF reader that is easily deployable and doesn't exhaust system resources.
- Secure - so you don't get infected with viruses and can keep sensitive information safe within your PDF documents.
- A Platform - so you can extend the Foxit Reader by creating your own value added capabilities for internal use or for resale.
The Foxit Reader is a small, fast, and feature rich PDF viewer which allows you to open, view, and print any PDF file. Unlike other free PDF readers, Foxit Reader also includes easy to use collaboration features like the ability to add annotations to PDF, fill out PDF forms, and share information with social networks. Foxit Reader has a small footprint that starts up instantly, renders PDF files quickly and uses very little memory, which is especially important with today's mobile devices. The Foxit Reader is packed full of convenient and easy to use viewing, commenting and printing features that make document collaboration simple. Foxit Reader's PDF secure platform insures worry free operation against malicious virus and provides a secure and reliable digital signature verification platform for PDF documents without putting the user at risk from falsified documents.
Operating Systems :
- Microsoft Windows® XP Home, Professional, or Tablet PC Edition with Service Pack 2 or 3 (32-bit & 64-bit).
- Windows Vista® Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise with or without Service Pack 1 (32-bit & 64-bit).
- Windows 7 (32-bit & 64-bit).
Recommended Minimum Hardware for Better Performance:
- 1.3 GHz or faster processor.
- 64 MB RAM (Recommended: 128 MB RAM or greater).
- 52 MB of available hard drive space.
- 800x600 screen resolution.
Easy-to-use review and commenting tools :
- Add comments or suggestions using notes.
- Highlight, underline, or use one of many other tools to bring attention to specific text.
- Easily correct mistakes by cancelling the last action with Redo & Undo feature.
New commenting tools include Typewriter, Callout, Textbox, and Measure tools
- Add your comments on your PDF document.
- Use Typewriter Tool to fill forms.
- Create comments in a callout text box.
- Measure distances and areas of objects in PDF documents.
Social Network Integration
- Share PDF information on your Facebook® and Twitter® accounts.
XFA Form Filling
- XFA (XML Form Architecture) form filler is used to fill forms with XFA elements, allowing you to leverage existing XFA forms.
Read Out Loud
- Listen to your PDF documents while you're on the go.
Microsoft® Windows Server® Active Directory® Rights
- Management Service support
- Open an RMS-protected PDF Document.
- Improve information security, meet compliance requirements.
- Complies with Microsoft's IRM Protection for PDF Specification Supplement for ISO 32000.
- Save time and money with improved business processes.
Free spell checker for comments
- Find any spelling errors and highlight them with squiggly lines.
Multimedia Support: Add Images, Movies, Links and file attachments to any PDF document
- Add /Edit /Play multimedia in PDF files.
- Add an image to a PDF; adjust its size, and position, change the appearance, etc...
- Attach PDF files and other types of files to a PDF document.
Text Viewer & Text Converter
- View the whole text content of a PDF file.
- Convert a whole PDF document into a simple text file.
- Easily modify the bookmarks in a PDF file.
Safe Mode Settings in
- Set Safe Mode settings during initial installation.
- Streamline the workflow by setting the option of Safe Reading Mode.
- Enhanced secure user experience.
- Enhance protection when receiving a PDF file.
Foxit Reader Security (source here)
5-Levels of Security to Insure User Safety and Protection
Foxit Reader provides user controlled options for securely working with PDF documents. PDF documents are relatively secure when compared to other file types. However, any file downloaded from the internet may have security vulnerabilities.
Security Warning Dialog
By standard operation default mode, the Foxit Reader will warn users if a PDF document attempts to call or run an external command. The security warning dialog message provides a choice to run or terminate executing any files within a PDF file. To further ensure message credibility, Foxit has implemented a new screening process which protects end users from misleading messages embedded within the parameters of a pop-up dialog box. A pop-up dialog contains an area which is reserved for a message that is generated by the rendered PDF file. Due to Foxit's concern that this message may mislead users to take an unadvisable action, Foxit Reader will no longer display the content of the message and removes any parameters within the pop-up message that can be manipulated by the PDF file.
Trust Manager (Safe Mode)
The Trust Manager allows users to select a safe mode operation. Safe Mode, once selected, prevents suspicious external commands to be executed by Foxit Reader. The Trust Manager feature is easy-to-use and can be selected or deselected within Foxit Reader at the discretion of the user.
Verify the Digital Signature
Foxit Reader now features a PDF digital signature verification technology which uses an enhanced, yet ISO 32000 compliant, verification process that ensures the signature is real and neither the document nor the signature have been compromised. This new verification process provides a secure and reliable platform for exchanging electronics documents without putting the user at risk from falsified documents.
Enhance Security with ASLR & DEP Support
Foxit Reader continues to add features that increase security by making it harder for hackers to compromise a PDF document. The current version of the reader includes Address Space Layout Randomization, ASLR, which uses a random algorithm to determine a memory address used to store key file data. A second security feature is Data Execution Prevention, DEP, which simply prevents executing code from a non-executable memory location. ASLR and DEP combine to highly improve Foxit Reader Security and provide a stable platform for enterprise, business and consumer, Foxit Reader users.